12 July 2022 : The purpose of this website is to provide the latest updates related to Daily Current Affairs Quiz, foreign and Indian government policies, central and state government schemes, sports activities, awards, day-to-day. So let ‘s know in detail about the current affairs GK of 12th July 2022 .
Q. Who has recently released a book titled ‘Swadhinta Sangram Na Suraviro’ in Gujarati?
a) Anupriya Patel
b) Meenakshi Lekhi
c) S. Jaishankar
d) Smriti Irani
Ans :- Meenakshi Lekhi
- The Union Minister of State for External Affairs and Culture Meenakshi Lekhi released a book titled ‘Swadhinta Sangram Na Suraviro’ in Gujarati.
- The book celebrates 75 freedom fighters and shares the stories of the sacrifices they made for the country.
- The book is a part of ‘Swadhinata ka Amrit Mahotsav’ to mark the 75th year of the country’s independence.
Q. Recently in which city has Union Home Minister Amit Shah chaired the 30th meeting of the Northern Zonal Council?
b) New Delhi
Ans :- Jaipur
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah chaired the 30th meeting of the Northern Zonal Council in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- The Northern Zonal Council consists of Rajasthan, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Delhi and Chandigarh.
- Issues of internal security and common interests were discussed in the meeting.
- The meeting took place in Jaipur after 25 years.
Q. Which of the following has become the first state in the country to have 13 expressways?a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) Madhya Pradesh
d) Arunachal Pradesh
Ans :- Uttar Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh has become the first state in the country to have 13 expressways.
- Of the total 13 expressways, seven are under construction.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the 296 km long Bundelkhand Expressway which will connect Bundelkhand with Delhi on July 16, 2022.
Q. Recently who has been appointed as Deputy Election Commissioner?
a) T.S. Srikant
b) Sindhu Gangadharan
c) R.S. who. Gupta
d) Venkata Nageswara Chalasani
Ans :- R.S. who. Gupta
- Senior officer R. Of. Gupta has been appointed as Deputy Election Commissioner.
- He will replace T. Srikkanth.
- R. Of. Gupta is an officer of the Central Secretariat Service, who will serve as Deputy Election Commissioner (Joint Secretary level) from the date of his retirement till 28 February 2023.
Q. When is the National Fish Farmer’s Day celebrated every year?
a) July 13
b) 12 July
c) July 11
d) July 10
Ans :- 10 July
- National Fish Farmer’s Day is celebrated every year on 10 July by the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying in association with the National Fisheries Development Board.
- The day is observed to honor fish farmers, aquatic entrepreneurs, fishermen, stakeholders and any other person associated with fisheries for their contribution to fisheries.
- This day Dr. K. H. Alikunhi and Dr. H. L. Chowdhary, who invented the induced breeding technique of Indian major carp on 10 July 1957.
Q. Who has won the Wimbledon women’s singles title-2022 recently?
a) Alina Ribakina
b) Simona Halep
c) Jessica Pegula
d) ounce jabure
Ans :- Alina Ribakina
- Kazakhstan’s Elina Ribakina defeated Tunisia’s Ounce Jabyor to win the Wimbledon singles title.
- Elena has become the first tennis player from Kazakhstan to win a Grand Slam singles championship.
- Novak Djokovic of Serbia has won the men’s singles title of Wimbledon Tennis Competition 2022.
- This is Djokovic’s 21st Grand Slam title overall. Now he is just one title behind Rafael Nadal’s record.
Q. Which day is celebrated every year on 11th July?
a) National Fish Farmers Day
b) World Population Day
c) National Farmers Day
d) World Environment Day
Ans :- World Population Day
- World Population Day is celebrated every year on 11 July.
- Its aim is to raise public awareness on population related issues around the world.
- World Population Day was initiated by the Governing Council of the United Nations Development Program in 1989.
- The theme of World Population Day 2022 is: “A World of Eight Billion – Towards an accommodative future for all – Seizing opportunities and ensuring rights for all”.
Q. Recently in which city did Prime Minister Narendra Modi address a natural farming conference through video conferencing?
Ans :- Surat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a natural farming conference via video conferencing on 10 July 2022.
- The conference was organized in Surat, Gujarat.
- It saw the participation of thousands of farmers and all other stakeholders, who have adopted natural farming in Surat, which is a success story.
Q. Recently Ranil Wickremesinghe has resigned from the post of Prime Minister of which country?
d) Sri Lanka
Ans :- Sri Lanka
- Ranil Wickremesinghe has resigned as the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka.
- He is a Member of Parliament from the United National Party (UNP).
- He is the leader of the United National Party since 1994.
- Previously he has served as the Prime Minister of Sri Lanka from 1993 to 1994, 2001 to 2004, 2015 to 2018 and 2018 to 2019.
- He also served as the Leader of the Opposition from 1994 to 2001 and from 2004 to 2015.
Q. Who has recently launched India’s first ‘Artificial Intelligence in Defense’ seminar and exhibition in Vigyan Bhawan, Delhi?
a) Amit Shah
b) Rajnath Singh
c) Narendra Modi
d) S. Jaishankar
Ans :- Rajnath Singh
- Defense Minister Rajnath Singh launched India’s first ‘Artificial Intelligence in Defence’ symposium and exhibition on July 11, 2022 at Vigyan Bhawan, Delhi.
- It was organized by the Department of Defense Production, Ministry of Defence.
- During the event 75 newly developed AI products and technologies, applications in defence were launched.