Daily Current affairs quiz 20 July 2022 is published on this website . Which are important questions UPSC, PCS, IAS, RRB, Banking, Railway, SSC, IBPS, PO Clerk, SBI, Patwari, Forest Department, competitive exams.
Q. Recently who has resigned from the post of President of Indian Olympic Association and International Hockey Federation?a) Rajeev Mehtab) Narayan Ramachandran c) Narinder Batra d) Abhay Singh Chautala
Ans :- Narinder Batra
- Narinder Batra resigned from the post of Indian Olympic Association, President of International Hockey Federation and Member of International Olympic Committee.
- 65-year-old Narinder Batra took charge of the Indian Olympic Association for the first time in 2017.
- The Indian Olympic Association elections were to be held in December last year but could not be held as per schedule due to ongoing amendments in the election process.
- Narinder Batra became the President of the International Hockey Federation in 2016 and last year reclaimed the position for a second term.
Q. Recently NITI Aayog and World Food Program launched an initiative named ‘Mapping and Exchange of Good Practices’ to mainstream millet in Asia and which continent?a) Africa b) North America c) Australia d) Europe
Ans :- Africa
- On 19 July 2022, NITI Aayog and the World Food Program (WFP) launched an initiative called ‘Mapping and Exchange of Good Practices’ to mainstream millet in Asia and Africa.
- It will create a collection of good practices for increasing the production and consumption of millets both in India and abroad.
- The program was inaugurated by Suman Berry, Vice Chairman, NITI Aayog.
Q. Recently who has been appointed as the Managing Director and CEO of the National Stock Exchange?a) Chitra Ramakrishnan b) Girish Chandra Chaturvedic) Vikram Limaye d) Ashish Kumar Chauhan
Ans :- Ashish Kumar Chauhan
- National Stock Exchange has appointed Ashish Kumar Chauhan as its new Managing Director and CEO.
- Ashish Kumar Chauhan will succeed Vikram Limaye whose 5-year term ended on 16 July 2022.
- National Stock Exchange Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Establishment of National Stock Exchange – 1992
- National Stock Exchange Chairman – Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
Q. Recently who addressed the Naval Innovation and Indigenization Organization seminar ‘Swavalamban’ at the Dr. Ambedkar International Center in New Delhi?a) Narendra Modib) Amit Shah c) Rajnath Singhd) Piyush Goyal
Ans :- Narendra Modi
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the NIIO (Naval Innovation and Indigenization Organization) symposium ‘Swavalamban’ at Dr. Ambedkar International Center in New Delhi on 18 July 2022.
- He unveiled the ‘SPRINT Challenge’ which aims to promote the use of indigenous technology in the Indian Navy.
- SPRINT stands for Supporting Pole-Vaulting in R&D through iDEX, NIIO and TDAC.
Q. Recently Army Chief General Manoj Pandey is on a 3-day visit to which country?a) Bhutan b) Bangladesh c) Myanmar d) Nepal
Ans :- Bangladesh
- Chief of Army Staff General Manoj Pandey is on a 3-day visit to Bangladesh from 18 to 20 July 2022.
- This is the first foreign tour of General Manoj Pandey after becoming the Chief of Army Staff.
- He will hold several meetings with senior officials of the security establishment and exchange views on various defense related issues.
Q. Which medal has Miraj Ahmed Khan won in the skeet event in the Shooting World Cup recently?a) Gold Medalb) Silver Medal c) Bronze medald) none of these
Ans :- Gold Medal
- India’s Miraj Ahmed Khan won the gold medal in the skeet event at the Shooting World Cup held in Changwon, South Korea.
- This is Mairaj Ahmed Khan’s first individual gold medal.
- India is at the top of the medal tally with five gold, five silver and three bronze medals.
Q. Who has topped the recently released Expat Insider Ranking 2022?a) Indonesia b) Mexico c) Taiwan d) Portugal
Ans :- Mexico
- Mexico has topped the Expat Insider Ranking 2022 released by the International.
- India ranked 36th out of a list of 52 countries.
- Kuwait is the worst country for expatriates in the ranking.
- Top 10 Countries – Mexico, Indonesia, Taiwan, Portugal, Spain, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, Singapore.
Q. Which country has recently won the FIH Women’s Hockey World Cup 2022?a) Germany b) Australia c) Argentina d) Netherlands
Ans :- Netherlands
- The Netherlands won their ninth FIH Women’s Hockey World Cup by defeating Argentina 3–1 in the final.
- Australia also won their first World Cup medal, finishing third, beating Germany.
- It was the 15th edition of the Women’s FIH Hockey World Cup.
- It was held in Spain and the Netherlands.
Q. Which international cricketer has announced his retirement from One Day International cricket?a) Ben Stokesb) Moeen Ali c) Joe Rootd) Jason Roy
Ans :- Ben Stokes
- England all-rounder Ben Stokes has announced his retirement from One Day International (ODI) cricket.
- Ben Stokes played his last ODI for England on 19 July 2022 against South Africa.
- England’s Test captain Ben Stokes has scored 2919 runs in 104 ODIs and has taken 74 wickets.
- He was named the Wisden Leading Cricketer in the World in 2019 and 2020.
- He made his ODI debut in 2011.
Q. Recently which scheme has been prepared by the central government for cleaning sewer and septic tank?a) Stand Up India Scheme b) Namaste Schemec) e-National Schemed) Samparna Yojana
Ans :- Namaste Scheme
- The Central Government has prepared a scheme ‘National Action Plan for Mechanized Sanitation Ecosystem – NAMASTE’ for cleaning sewer and septic tanks.
- It aims to achieve zero deaths in sanitation operations in India and provide alternative livelihoods to all sewer and septic tank sanitation workers.
- This scheme will be launched from 16 August 2022 in 500 cities of India.